Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Bruschetta Chicken & Pasta

Bruschetta Chicken & Pasta is one of my favorite meals of all time! Not only is it delicious, but it's relatively quick & easy. 



Disclaimer: I generally don't follow actual recipes (& if I do I always change them), so just use approximations & adjust accordingly. 

*21 Day Fix container counts will follow below the recipe*


Ingredients:

• Roma tomatoes, finely diced
• garlic, minced
• fresh basil, chopped
• extra virgin olive oil
• balsamic vinegar
• boneless skinless chicken breasts
• ground black pepper
• garlic powder
• whole wheat pasta 
• shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired

Directions:

• In a medium sized bowl, combine your tomatoes, garlic & basil. 
• Add just a bit of extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar, stirring to combine. 
• Allow bruschetta topping to sit so that the flavors combine. 
• Cook chicken in a grill pan (or on an actual grill if you prefer), until cooked through (roughly 7-10 minutes), carefully seasoning both sides with black pepper & garlic powder. 
• In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions. 
• When chicken is done, before removing from the grill pan (or grill), splash with a bit of balsamic vinegar, thoroughly coating on both sides. 
• To serve, top pasta with sliced chicken, bruschetta topping & Parmesan cheese if desired.


*21 Day Fix container count: 1-2 yellow (for pasta), 1 red (for chicken), .5-1 green (for bruschetta topping) & .5-1 blue (for shredded Parmesan, if using)

NOTE: Top romaine with leftover chicken, bruschetta topping, shredded Parmesan & a splash of lite balsamic vinaigrette for a quick & easy salad. Perfect for lunch the next day! 

18 comments:

  1. I need this in my life! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of meal. It looks absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good, I haven't had breakfast yet and that picture is making me very hungry! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us! I love finding new things to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bruschetta! This chicken and pasta looks so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wowie. I would love to make This. It looks beyond tasty, and I'm not just saying that because I'm starving. That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tis looks really yummy. I bet this will also be good with some gluten free pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Now this look like my kind of dinner. I am totally adding it to the menu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bruschetta and having it as a chicken pasta sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great. I like that you used wheat pasta for the recipe. This would be fun to serve on a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds delicious. I have really started to like to eat tomatoes lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful brushetta. Yummy and dellicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that looks delicious! I love Italian food, I have not had this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bruschetta and chicken sounds absolutely amazing. I think I know what will be added to my cooking repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dish looks so good. I'm a big fan of pasta so I know that I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing. I can't wait to try this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this looks so delicious! I am definetley going to make this for dinner one night!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to make this! I love pasta and chicken and could eat it every night. This looks like a meal the kids would love as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is going on my menu plan, looks amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete